Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cockroaches...

Phew.... what a week its been.  I apologize this post is a little lackluster... I've had one of those weeks... and it's unfortunately only Wednesday.  I'm tired, and warm, and spent the latter half of my work day breathing in the fumes of melting plastic coming into my office through the AC vent directly behind my desk.  I was dizzy and very likely lost several very important brain cells.

On to the bugs.  Cockroaches.


Ee gads.  There are not many bugs that I refuse to have anything to do with.  I find most arachnids fascinating.  Even the majority of insects do not bother me.  Cockroaches on the other hand creep me out.  

There is no real reason for this fear.  I was never cornered in a dark alley by an ugly bug the size of my hand.  I've never moved an object only to have an ungodly amount of them go scurrying from the sudden light.  I'm not even sure that I have ever been within close enough proximity to warrant the shivers I get when I see a cockroach.  They are the one insect that I see in nature and I run the other way.  That, or if I happen to be surprised by one, I leap into the air and squeal.

Perhaps it is that they can survive a nuclear explosion.  Perhaps it's that they can be large enough to make an audible crunch when you crush them ... More then likely, it's that they are just plain horrible to see.  They are just ugly.  The creepy spines on their legs.  The greasy sheen of their bodies.  The intense scuttle when you catch them unawares.  The way you blink and even though there is no where it should have been able to run and hide in the short time your eyes were not on it...  they vanish!  I've never even seen one that is bigger then the top knuckle of my thumb...  but I know they are out there.....  waiting............  

And one day I'll be somewhere....  not expecting it and I will see this.....  



Or heaven forbid this..........  


Blech!  

No comments:

Post a Comment