Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Undead Children...

Well, I'm officially excited for Halloween.  I still don't know where I am going to spend the evening of October 31st, but I now know I am not going to be a cat.  I was more interested in not spending any money then really finding something that I would love.  In perusing the internet sites looking at the cheap and cheesy female costumes out there... genius hit!  Now to enlist the aid of my roommate to assist me in making a skirt to finish it off... and I'm still not spending any money on it!  So I can now look forward to my favorite holiday with happiness and not so much stress.

That being said... lets move on to another of my fears.  As I had alluded to in my previous post...

Undead Children



I'm not talking about zombie, risen from the dead children, but GHOST children.  Risen from the dead children are normally not as intent on vengeance so much as motivated to simply kill haphazardly.  For some reason, the adorable blond haired child chasing me to eat my brains is not as horrifying as a ghost child waiting for me to come outside and assist me in finding their un-buried corpse so that they can rest in peace after an untimely death.  A ghost child always seems to have some sneaky way of tricking you into running off a cliff or stepping in front of a rampaging horse and carriage.  That is what makes them so horribly creepy to me.

Woman in Black scared me more then Dawn of the Dead.  Something about a being that is normally so joyous and peaceful becoming vengeful and supernatural...  Zombies I can deal with.  They have a weakness and can be killed with pretty much any blunt object laying around the house.  Ghost children are ghosts.  They can walk through walls and haunt you.  Since their lives were cut short, in movies it seems that they normally just want to be put to rest....  but not before starting up every creepy monkey toy in the unlit playroom.


Children are supposed to be light and airy, romping in the garden with dolly.  When that play time is cut short in life but continues on in death...  I can't even imagine......  And they always have the scariest effing laughter that seems to come from everywhere all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment